Maxim, March 1999
Think were being alarmist assholes? Wait till you see
the surgical consent form.
The following is excerpted from an actual consent form for penis enhancement surgery we found at http://www.psurg.com/PENISL.htm (Yes, the doctors name really is Stubbs.)
Special Consent to Penis Lengthening Surgery
1. I hereby request Dr. Robert H. Stubbs to perform penis lengthening surgery on:
______________________ (Name of patient) or (Myself)
2. The procedure listed in Paragraph 1 has been explained to me by the doctor and/or his staff and I completely understand the nature and consequences of the surgery. The following points have been specifically made clear:
a) That medicine is not an exact science and complications such as death, although extremely rare, may occur.
b) That swelling, bruising and mild discomfort usually occur.
c) That no guarantees with respect to the final outcome can be offered.
d) That infection is possible.
e) That sensation may be altered or completely lost.
f) That function may be altered.
g) That delayed wound healing and/or poor scarring may occur.
h) That revisions may be necessary.
i) That the healing process takes time and the final result will not be readily visible for many months.
j) That bleeding may occur and should blood collect (a hematoma), this may require further surgical treatment.
k) That skin loss may occur and that smoking may cause this problem.
l) That chronic or persistent problems may occur which require treatment.
3. I authorize and request that the above-named surgeon, his assistants or his designees perform such procedures as are, in his professional judgment, necessary and desirable, including, but not limited to, procedures involving pathology and radiology
4. I consent to the administration of anesthesia, and/or deep sedation
5. I am aware that the practice of medicine and surgery is not an exact science, and I acknowledge that no guarantees have been made to me as to the results of the operation or procedure.
6. I consent to be photographed before, during and after treatment; that these photographs shall be the property of Dr. Robert H. Stubbs and may be published in scientific journals and/or shown for scientific or educational reasons.
Back to PSURG Home Page